Monday 9 April 2012

My Famous Banana Bread

So unusually make this recipe as a loaf but I recently bought a mini loaf pan from Market Kitchen, a small kitchenware store on Granville Island. So, I decided try out my recipe with the smaller loaf pans.

Here's the recipe:

1/2cup margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas ( around 3 large bananas)
2 cups ap flour
1 tsp baking soda

Preheat oven to 350F if you have a convect use it
Grease and flour your loaf or loaves pa s

Cream margarine and sugar until smooth
Beat in eggs
Then mashed bananas
Add flour and baking soda until just combined
Feel free add nuts such as pecans or chocolate chips now (I usually add 1/2 of a cup)
Pour into prepared pans ( I use an ice cream scoop)
Bake for 1 hour in large loaf pans or for 25 mins in mini loaves pans

Check with toothpick
Remove and cool on wire racks

Makes one loaf (9x5) or 10 mini loaves

Hope you enjoy your banana bread!!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment